FLHS PATRIOT BATTALION
May 24th, 2019
Notice: Please read the announcements that PERTAIN to your LET level!
DO NOT READ UNNECESSARY ANNOUNCEMENTS!
- To all Cadets: The meeting point for the Little Neck parade is Belmont Ave, not Jayson Ave as indicated by the map provided.
- To all JROTC Seniors: For the Unit Clearance Record Sheet, make sure you fill out your information (name, OSIS, rank) and departure date is June 19th, 2019. Please go to c/CPT Vina Hsu to get the S1 portion signed. Bring evidence that you have your Cadet Record and that your cadet portfolio is cleared out when going to the S1. Boxes 7, 8, & 9 will be signed on the day you turn in your uniform during your respective JROTC period on Tuesday, May 28th.
- To all Cadets: If you are interested in being a recruiter for freshmen orientation, please speak to your AI to sign up. Recruiters will be awarded the recruitment ribbon. The meeting for recruiters will take place on May 28, during 0 period (7:15 am), in room 219.
- To all Cadets: Wear Class B uniform for the upcoming parades. Only put on your nameplate, unit crest, and ranks.
- To all Cadets: Today there will be trip to Kissena Corridor Park at Peck Fields to observe the Marine demonstration. If you have JROTC during periods 3,4, or 5, you will depart at 9:32 (beginning of period 3) and return in time for your 6th period class. If you have JROTC during periods 6.7, or 8 (beginning of period 6), you will depart at 11:50 and return in time for your 9th period class. If you are not going on the trip, report to room 219 for your JROTC period. The meeting point is in front of the building on the grassy area (to the right). Bring water.
- To all Current Members of Drum Corps: Please see SFC Madison ASAP if Drum Corps does not appear on your schedule. For all past members who dropped, make sure Drum Corps does not appear on your schedule. If it does, you must notify SFC Madison as soon as possible. Failure to do so, may result in a failing grade on your transcript.
- To all LET 1s and 2s: Flag Detail Applications for the incoming year are now out. If you are interested in joining please visit the Patriot Battalion website and click on the link. The link is titled Flag Detail Application ‘19- ‘20, and will redirect you to the form required to apply. No experience is needed to apply!
- To all JROTC Seniors: Intentions of Graduates Data Entry worksheets have been given out to you by your respective AIs. Please make sure to fill out everything as accurately as possible. They must be handed in by today. If you have any questions, stop by the JROTC Office and ask for S1.
- To all Cadets: If you have been to JCLC and want to go again in June, please speak to MSG Badia. All JCLC paperwork is due back no later than Friday May 31.
- To all Cadets: An oakley pair of glasses was recovered at military ball. If it is yours, please come to the JROTC Office (219A) to claim it during your free period.
Air Force Band 3/13/19 Video:
Academic and Leadership Teams National JROTC Bowl 2019 News Article
Flag Detail Application 2019-2020
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WORD OF THE DAY
Cognizant/ˈkäɡnəzənt/(adj): having knowledge or being aware of.
Used in a Sentence: Statesmen must be cognizant of the political boundaries within which they work.
“There are no office hours for leaders.”
-Cardinal J. Gibbons
Word of the Day List: https://goo.gl/nEZqgc
For Berets: https://jrotc.com/berets
For Nameplate Request: https://goo.gl/forms/LqtPptaq47uvhTNy1
Leadership Book Checklist:
New Hyde Park Parade
College Point Parade
Forest Hills Parade
Little Neck Parade
Patriot Battalion Calender
(Click the arrow on the top Left of the calender to browse through the months.)
On March 30, 2018, the Francis Lewis High School JROTC Honor Guard and Choir teams performed at The Chinese American Real Estate Association 25th Anniversary Inauguration in Flushing, New York. At this special event, both teams were recognized with a certificate for their dedication and outstanding leadership.