flhs patriot battalion
November 21, 2017
Notice: Please read the announcements that PERTAIN to your LET level! DO NOT READ UNNECESSARY ANNOUNCEMENTS!
- Happy Thanksgiving!!! Have a good Thanksgiving break!!!
- There is rapid dismissal today!
- The list of promotions will be posted in every JROTC classroom! (Except room 235)
- Winter Banquet tickets are $10 each.
- Attention to all cadets, Alpha Company is holding a coat drive for Coats For Kids to provide for children in need for the chilly winter ahead of us. Coats, hoodies, sweaters, and crewnecks are gladly appreciated. These items must be in wearable conditions with no rips or tears. School or organizational logos are not permitted. Sizes can range from children's to adults. Donation boxes are located in the nearest JROTC room (excluding 235) and lobby!
- Join Bravo Company in their personal care item drive for “Care for the Homeless”! Please donate full-size hygienic items including shampoo, conditioner, bars of soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste, and dental floss. Boxes will be placed in ALL JROTC rooms! Help provide to those in need!!
- Delta Company is hosting a food drive to aid Food Bank of New York City, and we need your help to make a difference! Look out for posters with a list of acceptable donation goods throughout the hallways! Lists will also be posted in JROTC rooms and the main lobby! Items can be dropped off in boxes in all JROTC classrooms (Except room 235) and the lobby. Be the reason for someone's smile!
- Charlie Company is having a school supply drive to donate to the unprivileged children in the Bronx. There will be boxes placed in all JROTC classrooms. Please bring in supplies such as pencils, pens, crayons, erasers, looseleaf… etc. All donations are much appreciated! Thank you!
- To all seniors: Teacher recommendations MUST be submitted on Naviance no later than TODAY!!!
- The new Secretary of the Army is Honorable Mark T. Esper!
Word of the Day:
kwer(y)ələs/(adj)- querulous-/complaining in a petulant or whining manner.
Used in a sentence: Forgive me for sounding querulous, but there is a bug in my soup.
For Berets: https://jrotc.com/index.php?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=berets
For College Help: www.mycollegeoptions.org
For Flag Detail: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BjEBjzD9vEMZWizTjB9f-zK5o9MWS_N8q_iSEVlLj_Q/edit
For Nameplate Request: https://goo.gl/forms/LqtPptaq47uvhTNy1
LET 4: Leadership Book Cover and Checklist
LET 4: Contact Sheet Template:
Staff E-mails -
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FLHS PATRIOT BATTALION DRILL TEAM FOR BECOMING THE 2017 CHAMPIONS AT THE NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL DRILL TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS AT DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA
Patriot Battalion Calender
(Click the arrow on the top Left of the calender to browse through the months.)